Here’s a few things to remember this November from Team Hinton!
*Don't forget! Clocks are falling back on Sunday, November 5th is Daylight Savings Times ends @ 2AM. Fall is a great time to get some maintenance and winter preparation projects done.
1) Check windows and doors. As the weather cools down, check your windows and doors for cracks, or air leaks- one of the easiest ways to save on winter energy bills and keep your home from getting cold.
2) Clean your heating and air conditioning. Having your air conditioner and heater units cleaned twice a year- spring and fall- will help your family stay healthier and expand the life of your units.
3) Check your fireplace. Many people still use wood burning or gas fireplaces in the winter. Do a visual inspection of your fireplace to make sure that it is in good working order. Give it a test run at some point in the fall, before it gets too cold, to make sure that it will be functioning in the winter.
4) Clean your water heater.You can clean your water heater by simply draining it. Allow all of the water in the tank to come out. This will get rid of any buildup that is in the heater due to sediment and will help prevent it from building up during the winter.
5) Protect your hose. To keep your garden hose from freezing and cracking empty it completely and disconnect it from the spigot. Moving it inside is also a good idea to help prevent your hose from freezing and getting destroyed.
6) Check your roof. Start from the bottom up. Take a look at your roof- even from the ground- and see if there are any missing shingles or holes in the roof. Make sure your gutters are clear of leaves, sticks and debris.
7) Clean out the garage & Get in the spirit! This is a great time to make donations to various local charities helping those in need around you. Items that will be out of use can also benefit from Make sure that any unused gas in equipment is removed and stored properly. Allowing the gas to sit in the fuel tanks can cause sediment in the tank and can potentially ruin the equipment. Since it may be out of use for months, fall is a good time to do this.
Let Hinton Real Estate Group help you with your real estate needs. Our team is available daily. There is always a team member here to answer any of your questions. Tips in part from Benchmark.us.
36. N Washington st. Ypsilanti, MI 48197
Washtenaw County (734) 480-8650
Livingston County (810) 844-1495